Administrative Support contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of Rainbow International Restoration and supports the work of management and other staff. Duties include general clerical, receptionist, bookkeeping and project based work. He/She will project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESÂ include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Call potential customers to explain the company services and solicit business. Answer the phone, using the Rainbow International phone script, in a courteous manner and ascertain the nature of the call.
- Greet visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- When needed, assist with the scheduling of appointments for customer service while setting priorities for service and request for estimate calls based on the urgency of the service requirement.
- Notify customers about the status of the service call schedule. Make reminder calls the day before work is to be completed. Work with service professionals and customers to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Follow up with customers after completion of the work and ascertain if the work has been done to their satisfaction. Analyze the customer comments and schedule an additional service call if necessary. Solicit additional work and obtain recommendations of potential new customers from the call.
- Collect all monies from all sources, make bank deposits and post the deposits accordingly in QuickBooks. Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Use the Xactanalysis and Fusion software programs.
- Perform clerical duties as required. This includes operation of personal computers and standard word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- When needed, assist the Owner/General Manager with opening all company mail. Distribute Accounts Payable invoices to corresponding manager for approval. Upon the manager’s approval, enter all Accounts Payable into QuickBooks. Manage Accounts Payable and make sure all company bills are paid in a timely manner, if needed.
- When needed, invoice customers at the time of job completion. Send monthly statements and make collection phone calls in an effort to ensure that the majority of the Accounts Receivable are kept within company policy.
- Maintain office equipment and company office cleanliness. Order and maintain office supplies as needed for the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Assist in the management of an after-hours answering service to ensure calls are being answered in a polite, courteous manner. Ensure that calls are being routed to the appropriate after-hours technician and that messages are being delivered to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Complete the Weekly Sales Report calculating franchise fees owed and email to Rainbow Corporate.
- When needed, collect the employee time sheets, verify for accuracy, and submit for processing. Apply the cost of the payroll to each job in QuickBooks creating an accurate job costing for each job.
- Assist with planning and organizing company Continuing Education classes for insurance professionals. This includes planning the event, sending invitations, RSVPs and distribution of completion certificates.
- Post periodic marketing messages and interesting information on the company social media and respond to inquiries from the page, if needed.
- Perform other duties as required. These duties may include job functions that are outside the scope of normal job duties.
Be self-motivated, self-directed and enthusiastic. Must have a positive attitude, good listening skills, be ambitious, self-confident, have good organizational and communication skills. Motivation and integrity are also important characteristics.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and other computer software. Must also have a functional understanding of handheld smart devices and an aptitude for learning new technology and software easily.
- Database Management.
- Experience in Xactware would be helpful, but not mandatory.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve challenges, and make decisions to enhance organizational effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals; and ability to make clear, timely decisions.