STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for coordination of jobs to be installed on a timely basis. Acts as the operational hub. Works closely with installers, specialist technicians, ISRS, and consumers. The focal point of work flow in a successful operation.
- Lead by example at all times.
- Leave the shop after the schedule is set for the next days operations.
- Schedule manpower assignments, providing the resources necessary to insure that our customers are taken care of timely.
- Assign, coordinate, and insure Emergency Service program is executed.
- Maintain a log of company equipment and tools which includes periodic physical inventories and inspections.
- Insure that invoices, route sheets, time cards, daily and weekly reports are completed and turned in by all team members timely and accurately.
- Offer recommendations on hiring and termination of Flat Glass Technicians.
- Execute Service With Advanced Training (SWAT).
- Sell flat glass services to customers, when necessary.
- Insure the efficient use of materials.
- Collect payment and/or information required for payment from customers for work performed.
- Perform the duties of the job keeping safety in mind at all times.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
- Treat all customers and employees with respect at all times.
- Conduct periodic inspections to make sure company vehicles and equipment are properly serviced, clean, kept in good working order and condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include the duties outside this job description and may also include cross-training in related positions within the company.
- High school graduate, or equivalent.
- Prior proven success in the flat glass industry, preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to sell the company’s products and services to customers.
- Personality suitable to leading, working and communicating effectively with fellow employees as a lead person.
- Personality suitable to communication effectively with customers and fellow employees.
- Ability and willingness to assume responsibility for each project and give directions in assisting employees in a non-threatening and non-confrontational manner.
- High degree of self-confidence.
- Driven to see projects completed on schedule and with quality workmanship.
- Willingness to take personal responsibility for own actions as well as those of the other Flat Glass Technicians.
- Ability to listen and follow directions to perform job duties without being argumentative or disruptive.
- Ability to think in a logical and progressive manner.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills which are particularly well suited to working with a variety of situations.
- Maintain open lines of communications with management and fellow employees at all times.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accustomed to working in fast moving environments requiring timely attention to details as well as unpredictable and changing conditions.
- Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
- Professional appearance and personality.
- Good organizational and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines are met as well as impart these characteristics to the Flat Glass Technicians.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work intensity and a bias for action.
- Must be able to lead by example.
- Work Saturday work rotation as scheduled, as required.