Restore carpets, upholstery and draperies that have been damaged by water, smoke, fire, debris or other methods of damage. Perform other specialty services as required. Perform restoration services that equal or exceed company and customer quality standards. Perform marketing tasks to sell additional services or develop additional business as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESÂ include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive a company vehicle to locations designated by customers. Load and unload equipment and supplies from the vehicle to the work site. Clear the work site by moving furniture and equipment and restore the work site to the original configuration when the job is complete.
- Perform all work to meet or exceed applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations and company and customer quality standards.
- Become proficient in water restoration, which includes structural drying, contents drying, and restoration along with precision demolition and salvage.
- Become proficient in mould remediation procedures including preparing an area for a post-clearance test to verify our results.
- Become proficient in fire damage cleanup, smoke and soot removal and deodorization of structural components and contents.
- Establish and maintain a schedule to ensure all services are delivered in a timely fashion, above the line, professionally and with empathy.
- Follow all Ministry of Environment and other applicable federal, provincial and municipal regulations for disposal of wastewater and chemicals.
- Respond to water jobs and initiate water mitigation according to IICRC standards and Rainbow international’s 17-Step process including maintaining the proper documentation for the job. Communicate with customer about scope of work and explain the process.
- Review necessary paperwork with customer and obtain required signatures on pertinent documentation.
- Monitor all water jobs and update the customer on the progress and planned completion dates of restoration services, when possible.
- Keep a clean and neat jobsite at all times leaving a first class impression of our work.
- Ensure that restoration vehicle is fully stocked according to the Standard Supply List at all times.
- Maintain all company restoration and cleaning equipment, keeping them clean and properly maintained to be available at all times.
- Maintain a company issued tool bag and make sure it is fully supplied at all times during your hours of work.
- Solicit current customers for leads to develop leads for new customers.
- Participate in any necessary reconstruction activities or punch-out procedures for jobs during completion.
- Participate in an “On Call” rotation for after-hours service calls, which involves some weekends and night responsibilities.
- Complete time sheets daily. Verify the customer name and spelling to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Comply with all verbal and written safety practices including the use and maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Read and comprehend all applicable MSDSs for chemicals that require special handling and use of PPE.
- Perform other duties as required. These duties may include job functions that are outside the scope of normal job duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and other computer software. Must also have a functional understanding of handheld smart devices and an aptitude for learning new technology and all applicable software as determined.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Restoration and construction experience helpful, but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s licence. Must have or be willing to obtain the applicable certifications pertaining to the industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to adverse weather conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. May also involve confined spaces that one must crawl through. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.