The technician is responsible for the repair of products in the customer’s home. Products repaired include the following appliances: Washers & Dryers, Refrigerators, Freezers, Ranges, Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Trash Compactors, Garbage Disposers and other home appliances.
The technician provides timely, quality repair and installation of customer’s products while maintaining a high customer service. We provide a service van, uniforms, I-Pad, cell phone, and training opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately diagnosing and repairing appliances/equipment in the customer’s home.
- The ability to select and use basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products.
- The ability to give the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair or installation.
- The ability to use an I-Pad for all service call processes.
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances.
- The ability to provide knowledgeable, courteous and professional customer service.
- The knowledge of basic electrical principles.
- The ability to work variable and flexible hours (no weekends).
- Previous in-home appliance diagnosis and repair service.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers as well as customers.
- Ability to work both independently and as a TEAM member.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurable Motor Vehicle Record.