STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for the quality and efficient installation of residential and commercial flat glass and related glass products such as windows, storefronts, mirrors, display cases, shower doors, etc. Perform sales and marketing activities to sell assigned work, identify and sell additional work and develop new customers as required.
- Execute Service with Advanced Training (SWAT).
- Sell flat glass products & services to customers, when necessary.
- Conduct accurate field measuring.
- Cut flat glass and mirrors according to specified dimensions and patterns.
- Install replacement glass in existing products and systems.
- Install mirrors in replacement and new installations.
- Install glass in new installations.
- Install and adjust door and window hardware as well as other operating components of product lines.
- Insure the efficient use of materials.
- Maintain adequate stock of glazing accessories on vehicle.
- Collect payment and/or information necessary for payment from customers for work performed.
- Perform the duties of the job keeping safety in mind at all times.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork.
- Treat all customers with respect at all times.
- Treat all fellow employees with respect at all times.
- Keep company vehicles and equipment in good working order and condition.
- Prepare and complete invoices, route sheets, time cards, daily and weekly reports as required.
- Maintain open lines of communications with management and fellow employees at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include the duties outside this job description and may also include cross-training in related positions within the company.
- Ideally, prior experience in the flat glass industry.
- Ability to measure accurately.
- Physical ability to work with ladders, scaffolding and related equipment required for installation of glass.
- Personality suitable to working and communicating effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
- Personality suitable to communication effectively with customers.
- Ability to sell the company’s products and services to customers.
- Ability to listen and follow directions to perform job duties without being argumentative or disruptive.
- Ability to think in a logical and progressive manner.
- Ability to comprehend the overall business requirements of the position.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills which are particularly well suited to working with a variety of situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Accustomed to working in fast moving environments requiring timely attention to details as well as unpredictable and changing conditions.
- Proven track record as a team member and effective communicator.
- Professional appearance and personality.
- Good organizational and time management skills to insure scheduled deadlines are met.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented with a high level of work intensity and a bias for action.
- Work Saturday work rotation as scheduled.