We are looking for a 1st or 2nd year Automotive Apprentice for our busy shop in Colwood.
Working as part of the Midas Team you will be responsible for a variety of duties relating to the repair and maintenance of vehicles including:
- Diagnosis/inspection: communicating with customers and/or road testing, performing related diagnostic testing (computerized & manual), detailing all related issues.
- Technical and mechanical repairs: accurately perform all related vehicle repairs, oil changes, tire service, and basic mechanical repairs as required while ensuring excellence in workmanship and quality.
- Customer Service: liaise with customers and Service personnel regarding work performed as well as preventative maintenance requirements.
- Shop Related: general housekeeping, inspection of shop supplies, assisting in other areas as needed.
- Take pride in your quality workmanship
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Energetic & enthusiastic
- Operate customer vehicles safely and respectfully
- Strong problem-solver
- Works well independently and as part of the team
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally
- Reliable & organized
- Must have a valid B.C. driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Currently/previously enrolled or willing to enroll as an apprentice with ITA BC
- Supply your own tools
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive wage
- Group dental & extended health benefits after probationary period
- Group provincial medical coverage after probationary period
- Discounts on parts, tires & services
- Apprenticeship training & financial assistance with tuition
- 100+ courses available through online learning at no charge
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Relocation to other shops on the Island & the Mainland possibly available
Disclaimer: I acknowledge that I am applying for employment with an independently owned and operated Midas franchisee, a separate company and employer from Midas Corporation and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. I understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employees including and without limitation hiring and termination, and Midas Corporation does not accept or review applications. Any questions about my application or the hiring process must be directed to the Midas franchisee.
CLICK TO APPLY