FLUID SERVICES TECHNICIAN
$15-$18/hour depending on certifications and experience
Ready to grow your career? Joining the SpeeDee team is not just about getting a job, we are looking for team members who are passionate about their professional growth and committed to the same Core Values we are. DRIVEN – Drive, Respect, Integrity, Value, Empowerment, Nurture.
We are looking for your skills and talent and we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for professional growth through certification and training opportunities
- Career Path opportunities in technical and management areas
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- A positive, results driven, team-based work atmosphere
Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager
Performs and is accountable for all fluid services including oil change, transmission, differential, cooling system maintenance, and additional services relating to fluid services (i.e., wiper blades, air filters, etc.). Communicates with customers, educating them regarding the necessity of preventive maintenance on their vehicles. May also be responsible for the performance of courtesy services and tire repair and replacement. Performs other duties as assigned by either the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager.
- Commitment to excellence at all levels of service
- Automotive and retail experience
- Good communication skills and upbeat personality
- Clean and neat appearance
- Holds valid state issued driver’s license
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to maintain a team effort of quality customer service.
Customer Relations/Business Development
- Greets customers and completes work orders.
- Explains the SpeeDee programs, services, and pricing structure in order to achieve high customer satisfaction, which can lead to increased revenues.
- Maintains spotless upper and lower bay areas.
- Follows all appropriate safety procedures and notifies the Shop Manager of any safety hazard or equipment repairs needed.
- Assists in taking inventory.
- Keeps inventory items stocked.
- Performs preventive maintenance on fluid services equipment.
- Maintains tools assigned to a particular area.
- Conforms to the standards and procedures prescribed by the Manual and other appropriate manuals.
- Attends training sessions which are applicable to the career path and position requirements.
- Can perform both the upper and lower bay positions according to the prescribed operating procedures in the Manual and other appropriate manuals.
- Passes Master Lubrication Technician curriculum (within six months of date of hire).
- Minimum number of comebacks
- Seeks training over and above job requirements.