We are looking for candidates who would thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and hands-on. We pride ourselves in achieving superior results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the science of hotel management with the art of hospitality. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a progressive management company, offering a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits. If you are looking to join a team that provides superior service to its customers, while gaining unprecedented opportunities, then this is the position for you.
We’re looking for a hands-on, service oriented individual that makes guest service a top priority. This job combines front line work along with administrative and supervisory aspects of hotel operations.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends as the hours for this management position will vary
One year of hotel management experience requested
Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience, preferably in a leadership role
Able to handle cash and credit transactions
Proven ability to train, motivate, and lead a team
High school diploma or equivalent required
Highly motivated with an outgoing personality and excellent people skills
General knowledge of local area attractions and transportation.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Computer literacy a must. Intermediate Word and Excel required
Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do positive attitude
Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates.
Strong organizational, project management and detail orientation skills, with the ability to multi-task in order to meet a variety of deadlines
-Conducts or assists in leading staff meetings.
-Receives and resolves guest complaints and team member issues.
-Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
-Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
-Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures
-Responsible for completing required franchise standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
-Directly supervises front desk staff
-Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
-Interviewing, hiring, and training team members.
-Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager.
-Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members.
-Completes new hire paperwork and orientation as directed by General Manager.
-Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and IRS.
-Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
-Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
-All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.