$19-$24/hour depending on certifications and experience
Ready to grow your career? Joining the SpeeDee team is not just about getting a job, we are looking for team members who are passionate about their professional growth and committed to the same Core Values we are. DRIVEN – Drive, Respect, Integrity, Value, Empowerment, Nurture.
We are looking for your skills and talent and we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunities for professional growth through certification and training opportunities
- Career Path opportunities in technical and management areas
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- A positive, results driven, team-based work atmosphere
Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager.
Performs and is accountable for all tune-up, diagnostic, and repair services. Performs other duties not directly stated below, as instructed by either the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager.
- Commitment to excellence at all levels of service
- Advanced automotive experience
- A.S.E. Certification in Engine Performance, Engine Repair, and Brakes (preferred)
- Good communication skills and upbeat personality
- Enthusiastic attitude and good work ethic
- Clean and neat appearance
- Holds a valid state driver’s license
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to maintain a team effort of quality customer service.
Customer Relations/Business Development
- Explains the SpeeDee services and pricing structure in order to achieve high customer satisfaction, which can lead to increased revenues.
- Organizes the workflow in the service bays to assure quick, efficient service.
- Develops a trusting relationship with the customer by providing honest and competent service.
- Maintains spotless bay areas.
- Ensures that equipment is functioning properly at all times and performs preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Follows all appropriate safety procedures and notifies the Shop Manager of any safety hazard or equipment repairs needed.
- Keeps accurate shop supply inventory and notifies the Shop Manager of reorders as needed.
- Fills in any voids in staffing, as directed by customer flow. Assists in oil change bays when necessary.
- Conforms to the standards and procedures prescribed by the Manual and other appropriate manuals.
- Attends all training sessions which are applicable to the career path and position requirements.
- Can perform all bay positions (upper and lower) according to the prescribed operating procedures in the Manual.
- Can operate diagnostic and repair equipment and interpret data.
- Is technically competent and can perform diagnostic/repair position duties according to the prescribed operating procedures in the Manual.
- Provides own hand and air tools and is responsible for the security and insurance of these tools.
- Passes Master Lubrication Technician curriculum (preferred)
- Current A.S.E. Certifications (preferred)
- Minimum number of comebacks
- Seeks training over and above job requirements.